Thursday 5 May 2011

Demise and eulogy of my socks Part 1


 
I have plenty of socks.  Most of them are for practical reasons for my jogs ( Nike dry fits), cheap ones ( $2 from Daiso), wool socks ( my overseas travel), gifts etc.
I do not think much of them, except that they are worned for these reasons above, however i have some good experience with them and i ""killed"4 of them and in the process provided good memories of my travels.
One of the most memorable business trip i went to was in April 2010. I went to Germany for 2 weeks for some system testings , with the intention to extend to UK on a personal trip.  In middle March/April, there was this volanic eruption from Iceland, with the ashes spreading to most parts of Europe since . As a result , most of the flights were cancelled and i had to cancel my trip to UK too, changing my airticket to fly back to Singapore instead. However, on the day of flying back to Singapore, my flight was cancelled as well. SAP has been trying to find alternative ways for my colleagues and i to fly back to Singapore but it didn't look hopeful.  At 5pm that day, I decided to soak my soaks  and made a shopping trip to town.  i received a call from the tour agent that there is some flights back to Singapore that night and if i wanted to take it. OF COURSE !!!!!!!!!!

Took a cab, sped through the traffic, rushed up the hotel room, dumped my clothes to the luggage and WHAT AM DO with my soaked socks that's still wet ????????  frantically, i did the first thing that came to my mind. Dumped them to the dustbin.  ( have you seen amazing race ? it's just like that )
It's a pair of Nike Dry Fit and a normal black one.... Good bye to you. I have worn the Nike Dry Fit on all my jogs, marathons. You have served me well, my friends

No comments:

Post a Comment